*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure for more details.*
SiteGround vs Bluehost? If you’re a new blogger, you’re probably asking yourself this question. Everyone recommends that you self-host but which host is better? I’ve pulled together some pros and cons for each to help you decide which one is for you! I’m going to go over the most basic plans for the sake of comparability.
We’ll start with the pros first:
- Plans start as low as $3.95 a month.
- WordPress is very easy to use with SiteGround. They offer a ton of special features like one-click installation, autoupdates, WordPress related support and free transfer of your WordPress site!
- 24/7 Support via phone, chat or tickets. This is so important when your blog is your livelihood.
- Their servers are up 99.9% of the time aka your blog has virtually no downtime.
- They’re constantly improving speed and security (I get update emails explaining the changes all the time).
- Free daily backups and security monitoring.
Now the cons:
- You have to pay an extra $15 for a domain. (Occasionally they offer promotions so I got mine free.)
- Plans start as low as $2.95 a month (if you go through certain affiliates).
- The basic plan comes with 1 free domain (only for 1 year though).
And the cons:
- Even though the plans are pretty cheap, you have to pay for 3 years in advance to get that price.
- Slow load times.
- HORRIBLE customer service.
- Servers are frequently down.
As you can see from this list, SiteGround is 100% the way to go in my opinion. Many of the bloggers I found recommending Bluehost were only doing so because they were an affiliate. I’m an affiliate for SiteGround but I could’ve been an affiliate for Bluehost too. Bluehost actually pays their affiliates more than SiteGround but I CHOSE to ONLY support SiteGround because I just can’t promote an inferior product especially when I know how horrible many bloggers’ experiences have been with Bluehost. If you need further proof, I’d take a look at their social media profiles.
SiteGround = Happy Campers
Bluehost = Complaint Central
Please feel free to use my SiteGround link to start your blog (or transfer!) Also, please comment and share if you found this SiteGround vs Bluehost comparison helpful!